Why Attendance Matters | School Attendance Laws | What Parents Can Do | Truancy Intervention Project | Family Truancy Intervention | Referral Procedures | Referral Forms | Contact Us
What Parents and Guardians Must Do
- Call or contact the school every time your child is absent.
- Know the person at your child's school who is in charge of attendance.
- Make sure your child is up, ready, and on the way to school every day.
- Make sure your child's homework is done.
- Attend conferences.
- Be sure not to ignore letters and phone calls.
For Parents and Guardians to Remember
- You're responsible for solving problems that interfere with your child's school attendance.
- School attendance is the single most important predictor of school success.
- Education is a basic need and it is your child's future.
- Compulsory attendance is the law.
- You will face consequences if your child's school attendance does not comply with the law.