Free Adobe PDF Reader



Building Locations

blank space

Choose text size: A | A | A
Bookmark and Share

blank space



Question: How do I send a letter to an inmate at the adult correctional facility? Answer: Letters and pictures (no larger than 4 x 6 and no Polaroid’s) can be mailed to inmates at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility using the following format:

Inmate First and Last name
297 Century Ave S
MN 55119

Question: Can you send stamps or self-addressed envelopes to an inmate so they can correspond with you?

Answer: Inmates at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility are not allowed to receive stamps or self-addressed envelopes. They are able to purchase them from canteen within the facility.

Question: Am I able to send books, crossword puzzle books, or religious material?

Answer: The facility has an extensive library from which inmates are able to check out books and the facility chaplain provides religious materials to the inmates. Crossword and Sudoku puzzle books are available for purchase from canteen.

Inmates may receive books, crossword puzzle books and religious material mailed directly from a publisher or a recognized and verifiable distributor.

Question: How long does it take mail to get to the inmate once it has arrived at the facility?

Answer: It may take up to 2-3 business days for facility processing of mail and delivery to an inmate. All mail received by the facility for inmates is opened and inspected for money, contraband or unacceptable content. Privileged mail that is clearly marked with an official return address from federal, state, and local courts or jurisdictions; attorneys, legal counsel, legal aid services, public officials, judges, probation/parole officers, or clergy is opened by the inmate in an officer’s presence.


All money brought with the inmate at admission is deposited into an account in the inmate’s name. Family and friends can also deposit money in an inmate’s account through the methods listed below. An inmate’s account information cannot be discussed with anyone except the inmate and he/she is able to check the balance on their account. Money remaining on their account will be returned to them in the form of a check upon release.

The RCCF has a canteen where inmates with money on their account can purchase phone time, personal hygiene items, food, snacks, sodas, postage supplies, writing materials, and other personal items. There is a $20 booking fee that will be deducted from each inmate’s account before they are allowed to receive items from the canteen.

Question: How do I put money on an inmates account?

Answer: Family and friends who want to deposit money into an inmate’s account can do so in several convenient methods. Deposits are available :

  1. Online at for a fee and available immediately.

  2. The kiosk in the RCCF lobby accepts Mastercard and VISA for a fee or cash deposits with no fee during normal business hours and during visiting on weekends. Funds are available immediately. The lobby is closed on national holidays that fall on Monday or Friday.
  3. Money orders, made payable to the inmate, can be mailed to the address below. Funds are credited to the inmate’s account the next business day after mail is processed. The facility is not responsible for cash mailed to inmates.

    Inmate First and Last Name
    297 Century Ave S.
    Maplewood, MN 55119


Phone, Voicemail, Email or Text (SMS): Inmates are allowed to make one free one minute phone call from the facility. After that, the inmate can make phone calls collect or by purchasing phone minutes from canteen each day between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

The person called will be informed that the call is from the Ramsey County Correctional Facility and will be provided a number of options based on the type of call (collect or prepaid). Some of the different options can be to block the number, to accept the charges, or to accept the call.

Friends and family may also purchase phone time or leave a voicemail through or by calling ICSolutions at 1(888) 506-8407.

Click on for access to deposit funds, inmate email or text. Please read the Communication Disclaimer when depositing funds to a Communication Account. There is a fee and deposits are non-refundable. Questions about accounts can be directed to 715-690-2965.

Question: How can an inmate call me?

Answer: Inmates may purchase phone time with money from their account.

Question: How do I set up an account for an inmate to be able to call me?

Answer: The inmate phone system at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility is contracted to Inmate Calling (IC) Solutions. IC Solutions can be contacted directly at (888) 506-8407 for setting up prepaid or billing services to receive phone calls from an inmate at the facility. They will also be able to tell you what their current rates are.

Question: If a phone account is set up for an inmate through IC solutions is the inmate notified?

Answer: Inmates at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility are not notified of phone accounts being set up by outside parties. You can send a letter or drop off a note at the Administrative Office during normal business hours with this information for the inmate to receive the next day.

Question: If there was a previous account set up for an inmate during another incarceration period with the same phone number is it necessary to set up another account?

Answer: Phone minute balances at the facility can be used during another incarceration period with the issued pin # for ICSolutions.

Question: Are we able to call inmates?

Answer: The facility offers Voice Mail messaging for inmates. You can leave voices mail messages at any time through your prepaid calling account. Accounts can be setup by visiting or by calling 1-888-506-8407. You must have a valid inmate ID number to leave a message and the number can be obtained from the inmate or by calling the facility at 651-266-1401. The facility does not accept or transfer calls to inmates. If there is a family emergency, such as serious illness, death in the family, etc. the facility can be contacted at 651-266-1401 and the inmate will be notified by facility staff.


Question: I need a print out showing the dates that I was in the work house.

Answer: Requests for incarceration dates should be submitted to the correctional facility by calling (651) 266-1400. Question: What should I bring with me when I turn myself in? Answer: Items allowed are current prescription medications that you are taking, pictures, letters, and money for any expenses including the $20 booking fee while you are incarcerated. Tennis shoes are recommended. Other clothes and basic needs will be provided by the facility. Hygiene items, snacks, paper, envelopes, phone time, etc. can be purchased from within the facility.

Question: Are inmates allowed to receive care packages and what is allowed?

Answer: Inmates are allowed to only receive the following items from friends or family: 1) Cash or money orders for deposit onto their account, 2) pictures, 3) letters, 4) Current medications prescribed to the inmate in the last 90 days. There is the ability for inmates to purchase items from what is called ‘canteen’ and is similar to a small convenience store in that they can order candy, chips, kool-aide, as well as personal hygiene items such as deodorant, shampoo, envelopes, writing paper, etc.

Question: Will I be able to use my medical device or C-Pap machine while serving my sentence?

Answer: Inmates at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility are able to bring prescribed medical devices and C-Pap machines with them for use while serving their sentence.

Question: Is there a way online that I can find out if a person is at the Correctional Facility? Do you have an inmate locator I can access?

The Correctional Facility does not use an online inmate locator system at this time. To find out if someone is at the facility call (651) 266-1401.

Question: What are the days and times for visiting?

Answer: See for days and times as well as how to schedule a visit.

Question: How does the inmate know when someone is coming to visit?

Answer: A visiting schedule is posted daily in each living unit to let the inmates know if they have a visit scheduled for that day.

Question: I received a phone call (or email) saying my visit has been cancelled. Why was it cancelled?

Answer: When an inmate is moved from one living unit to another within the facility for any number of reasons, every attempt is made to move the visit to the new living unit. Occasionally, the visit is unable to be moved. The visiting system recognizes this conflict and automatically generates a phone call or email to the visitor to allow the visitor to reschedule the visit online or by calling the office.

Question: Can my chaplain, minister, rabbi, or Imam meet with me while I’m at the facility?

Answer: Individual meetings are available between an inmate and the facility volunteer chaplain regarding family, grief, and religious issues. Inmates can request an alternative to the chaplain or other special religious requests. Visiting religious professionals must be pre-approved by the facility by calling 651-266-1401 before a visit with an inmate will be scheduled.

Question: Will my Social Security benefits be affected by this incarceration?

Answer: Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs prohibit payments to most prisoners. Social Security benefits are suspended by the Social Security Administration if an otherwise eligible person is confined in a jail, prison or other penal institution for more than 30 continuous days due to conviction of a crime.

More Questions? Contact Us

Call the General Information Line at 651-266-1400 x0 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Emergency phone calls to the facility can be made to 651-266-1400 outside of normal business hours.