If you miss the cut-off date to pre-register for an election, you can still register to vote on Election Day at your polling place. For 2013, the deadlines for pre-registration are:
- July 23, 2013 for the Municipal and School District Primary
- October 15, 2013 for the Municipal and School District General Election
Acceptable Forms of Identification
To register at your polling place on Election Day, you must bring one of the following documents:
- A valid Minnesota driver's license, Minnesota learner's permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these with your current address.
- A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to Ramsey County Elections.
- A Tribal ID card that contains your address, picture, and signature.
- A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address.
- A notice of late registration sent to you by Ramsey County Elections.
- Oath of a registered voter in your precinct who can vouch for your residency. Employees of nursing homes, shelters, and certain other residential facilities may also vouch for the persons who reside there.
One Document from EACH of the following two groups:
GROUP A: Establishes Identity (must include your name and photo)
- Minnesota Driver's License with a previous address
- Minnesota ID Card with a previous address
- United States Passport
- United States Military ID Card
- Tribal ID Card
- Minnesota University, College, or Technical College ID Card
Group B: Establishes Residency (must include your name and address)
- Utility Bill due within 30 days of the election day:
- Telephone (landline, cell, VOIP, etc)
- TV (cable satellite, etc)
- Internet services
- Solid Waste
- Sewer Services
- Rent statement dated within 30 days of the election that itemizes utilities
- Current student fee statement that includes your address
Information for College Students in Ramsey County
Ramsey County Elections may receive student housing lists from the following colleges in Ramsey County. This list only contains the names of students that are living in student housing. The precincts that are covered by these student housing lists are listed after the college or university:
- Concordia College - St Paul W-1 P-2
- Jesuit Novitiate - St Paul W-1 P-7
- College of St. Catherine - St Paul W-3 P-4
- Macalester College - St Paul W-3 P-7
- Hubert H Humphrey, Job Corps Center - St Paul W-4 P-11
- Hamline University - St Paul W-4 P-14
- Luther Seminary - St Paul W-4 P-2
- St. John Vianney Seminary - St Paul W-4 P-6
- University of St. Thomas - St Paul W-4 P-6 & St Paul W-4 P-7
- Bethel College - Arden Hills P-2 & New Brighton P-1A
- Bethel Seminary - Arden Hills P-2 & New Brighton P-1A
- University of Minnesota - Falcon Heights P-1
- United Theological Seminary - New Brighton P-2
- Northwestern College - Roseville P-1