Reports and forms due in 2015 from candidates/(committees) on the ballot
New candidates and candidate committees
All candidates and candidate committees are required to file campaign finance reports with Ramsey County Elections when they exceed $750 in campaign contributions and/or expenditures in a calendar year. Upon filing the following two forms, you become registered with Ramsey County Elections. This registration stays active until a candidate or committee files a final report.
- Registration & Statement of Organization
Due from a new candidate/committee within 14 days of receiving contributions and/or making expenditures greater than $750 in a calendar year. Updated statements of organization must be filed any time there is a change in basic committee information (except liquid assets).
- Initial report
Due from a new candidate/committee within 14 days of receiving contributions or making expenditures that exceed $750 in a calendar year. This report opens a committee account with Ramsey County Elections. If this report has been previously filed by the committee, it does not need to be filed again unless the committee closed its account with Ramsey County Elections in the past and must open a new account.
Registered candidates and candidate committees
Registered candidates and candidate committees are those individuals and committees who have filed a Registration and Statement of Organization and Initial report (but not a Final report) and therefore have an active registration with Ramsey County Elections.
Reports and forms due in 2015 from candidates/(committees) not on the ballot
- January report
Due on January 31 of each year (January 29, 2016 as January 31 is a Sunday).
- If a new candidate/committee exceeds $750 in contributions and/or expenditures in 2015, the candidate/committee must file a Registration and Statement of Organization and initial report within 14 days of exceeding $750. The candidate/committee must then also file the year-end report.
Reporting period for all reports
The reporting period is from the day following the last reporting date on the previously filed report up to and including the fifth day before the current report is due.
Information to be reported for all reports
- Summary of all contributions received, whether cash or in-kind, during the reporting period
- Summary of all expenditures made during the reporting period
- Names of persons making contributions more than $100 in the aggregate during the calendar year, address, employer or occupation if self-employed, the amount of the contribution, and the date the contribution was received
- Names of persons/businesses to whom expenditures were made, the purpose of the expenditure, the date of the expenditure, and the amount of the expenditure
- Current account balance
Closing committee account
- Final report
A candidate or committee may dissolve a committee and file a final report at any time once all debts have been paid and all assets in excess of $100 in the aggregate have been disposed of. Filing a final report closes the candidate/committee account with Ramsey County Elections and ends all reporting requirements. For laws governing disposal of assets, see Minn. Stat. Ch. 211A.13 and Ch. 211B.12 subd (6).
Contribution Limits - Mounds View, Roseville, and White Bear Lake School Districts
Year when office is not on the ballot: $250
Year when office is on the ballot: $600
Prohibited committee transfers
Candidates for school district offices may not accept transfers from a principal campaign committee (such as a committee established for a candidate for a state office under Minn. Stat. Ch. 10A) and must not make contributions to a principal campaign committee, unless the contribution is made from the personal funds of the candidate.