Subscribe to Emergency Management Updates | Follow Ramsey County EMHS | Like Ramsey County Emergency Management
Severe Storm Season
It's severe storm season in Minnesota. Make sure you have a plan for what you will do if severe weather threatens.
- Learn how you can hear the warnings (smartphone, TV, radio and weather alert radio) and how the outdoor warning sirens work.
- Your household and business emergency plans should include a safe location in a storm shelter, basement or inner room that you will use to wait out the storm.
- Practice your plans with everyone, including kids, to make sure they all know what to do in the event of severe weather.
- Make sure your emergency kit has what is needed and is stored in your safe area.
- If you get a severe weather warning or the sirens sound, go inside and get more information about the details of the warning. Then head to your safe area and wait there until you hear on the radio or TV that it is safe to come out.
Help for Minnesota Residents Affected by June 2014 Floods
Minnesota Housing provides loans up to $70,000 if your home or rental property was damaged in the June floods. Funds are for capital improvements that return the home to pre-disaster or comparable condition. Visit Minnesota Housing Finance Agency for loan information | Flyer (pdf)
Get Ready Gopher's Preparedness Videos
Learn about Disaster Preparedness with Get Ready Gopher! Fun and informative videos for all ages on a variety of personal preparedness topics can be found on our Youtube channel and linked through our facebook page. New videos come out regularly, so check back often!
National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS)
The National Terrorism Advisory System, or NTAS, replaces the color-coded Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS). This new system will more effectively communicate information about terrorist threats by providing timely, detailed information to the public, government agencies, first responders, airports and other transportation hubs, and the private sector.
Public NTAS Information Guide | Sign Up for NTAS Alerts | Connect on Facebook | Follow Alerts on Twitter
What is Emergency Management?
Emergency Management is the process of preparing for, mitigating, responding to and recovering from an emergency. Emergency Management is a dynamic process. Planning, though critical, is not the only component. Training, conducting drills, testing equipment and coordinating activities with the community are other important functions.
* Get a kit. * * Make a plan. * * Be informed. * * Get involved. *
Sign Up for NTAS Alerts