Healthy Benefits is Back
Save Money on 2016 Office Visit Co-Pays
Please Read the Following Carefully for Program Instructions and Changes
Ramsey County is again offering the Healthy Benefits program for employees, retirees and spouses who are in the HealthPartners Distinctions plan. When you complete a Health Assessment and at least one well-being program by September 30, 2015 you will qualify for the HealthPartners Distinctions plan with lower office visit co-pays in 2016. Even if you are in the lower co-pay plan in 2015, you must participate again this year to qualify in 2016.
To qualify for the lower co-pay plan in 2016, you must do THREE things:
- Complete the health assessment. To get started go to http://www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing. Enter the company name of Ramsey County. Log on using your HealthPartners username and password. Then take the health assessment.
- Enroll in a wellness program by July 31, 2015. Select a program from the available activities and add it to your current activities list. Then open that program to read details on how to get started. NOTE: For tracking programs you must track at least one day intitially to begin the program. You can only enter tracking for dates after the initial date that you track.
- Complete your wellness program by September 30, 2015*. Online programs require that you track something daily for 8 weeks. You need to enter your tracking no later than September 30th. Phone coaching programs require at least three sessions with a health coach in at least a six-week period.
*September 30, 2015 is the final deadline for completing the Healthy Benefits program and qualifying for the health incentive in 2016. Participants are strongly encouraged to start early to ensure that they have sufficient time to complete their chosen program.
If you have family coverage and your spouse is covered under your policy, your spouse must also take the health assessment and complete a wellness program by the deadline for YOU and YOUR FAMILY to qualify for the health incentive in 2016.
If you have questions about the health assessment or your wellness program options, call Healthy Benefits Customer Service at 952-883-7800 or toll-free at 1-800-311-1052.
Step One: Take the health assessment.
- Go to http://www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing
- Enter the company name: Ramsey County
- Enter your HealthPartners username and password
- Read the Welcome Message and click Continue
- Answer all the questions
- Click the Finish button
If you forget your username or password, click "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password." If you do not have a username and password, click "Register for an account." For log-on help, call Customer Service at 952-883-7800, 1-800-311-1052 or 877-222-2794 (TTY), Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m CST.
Note: While you are encouraged to take the health assessment online for quicker and easier access to information, paper copies of the health assessment are available by calling Customer Service at the phone numbers listed above.
Step Two: Enroll in a wellness program.
After you complete the health assessment, you should enroll in a Healthy Benefits wellness program as early as possible to allow sufficient time to complete your program by the deadline. You can link to wellness programs available to you on your personalized Healthy Benefits Page.
Online Tracking Program Options – Online programs are convenient and engaging. You may choose from:
- 10,000 Steps
- Weight eProgram
- Stress Program
Note: Online programs require 8 weeks of daily tracking. However, after you have entered your first week of tracking, you will have the capability of retroactively entering any future weeks. You must track each day Sunday through Saturday for a week for it to count toward your eight week total and you must log your data no later than September 30th. If you miss a week don't worry, just get back on track the next week. If you started your program early, you will qualify as long you complete and log eight full weeks of tracking, before the September 30, 2015 deadline.
Phone Coaching Programs – With phone coaching, you’ll work with your own personal registered dietitian, health educator, exercise specialist or pharmacist to achieve your healthy lifestyle goals. Schedule your phone calls when it’s convenient for you, including evenings. You’ll receive program materials and tools to prepare you for each call, keep you motivated, and track your progress. You must complete at least three phone counseling sessions (during a minimum of a 6 week period) to qualify for the health incentive. You may choose from:
- Back Health (Low Back Pain)
- Blood Pressure
- Physical Activity
- Tobacco Cessation (Quitting)
- Weight Management
- Sleep *New*
- Family Well-Being *New*
Employer Sponsored Programs
- Ramsey County Sponsored Yoga and Pilates Classes - Attend 16 classes during a single 12 week session. Department sponsored classes are not eligible. Only available to current Ramsey County employees. Attendance will be tracked through sign in sheets at each class.
- Weight Watchers - Attend 16 weekly meetings before September 30, 2015. Not limited to County employees and attendance at Community sites will count. County employees are still eligible for a Weight Watchers membership discount. Call 651-266-2923 for details. Participants will report the dates of the meetings they attended on the Healthy Benefits website.
- Zap Bike Program - Track a bike ride on at least 30 days through the Zap Bike Program. Call 651-266-2927 for details.
- Your Choice - If you train for and participate in qualified organized Running events, Biking Events, Cross Country Skiing events, or the Breast Cancer 3-day walk you can document your participation and use that participation as a qualifying wellness program. Check out details of this program option here.
Frequent Fitness Program - Employees enrolled in the Frequent Fitness program can qualify for the lower co-pay plan in 2016 by meeting the 12 times per month requirement for four months (need not be consecutive) between January 1, 2015 and September 30, 2015. (Note: You must also complete the health assessment.) Click here for more information on the Frequent Fitness program and how to enroll.
New Tracking Tool - Check out the new mePlus smartphone app. Available for both Apple and Android phones, you can record your tracking for 10,000 Steps or for the Sleep, Stress, or Tobacco programs. Track on your phone and have your data immediately uploaded to the Healthy Benefits website.
Don't forget to track daily in your online program for eight weeks, or complete three phone calls with a coach over a minimum six week period for the phone coaching programs, or complete the requirements for Frequent Fitness or one of the employer sponsored programs. Don't miss out on the health incentive in 2016 -- life sometimes gets in the way of best intentions, so it's a good idea to enroll in and complete your program early in the year.
New to the website beginning last year was the ability to develop an Action Plan based on the results of your Health Assessment. Check out this interactive tool which can help you stay on track with your goals. Developing an action plan alone does not qualify as a wellness program but using that tool may help you decide which wellness program is best for you.
Have questions about the why's and how's of the Healthy Benefits program? Check out these Frequently Asked Questions about Healthy Benefits.