Save Money on 2014 Office Visit Co-Pays -- Healthy Benefits is Back and Now Available
Ramsey County is again offering the Healthy Benefits program for employees, retirees and spouses who are in the HealthPartners Distinctions plan. When you complete a Health Assessment and at least one well-being program by September 30, 2013 you will qualify for the Distinctions plan with the lower office visit co-pay in 2014. An alternative incentive may be offered if a different or additional health plan is offered in 2014. Even if you are in the lower co-pay plan in 2012, you must participate again this year to qualify for the 2014 health incentive.
To qualify for the health incentive in 2014, you must do THREE things:
- Complete the health assessment. To get started go to http://www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing. Enter the company name of Ramsey County. Log on using your HealthPartners username and password. Then take the health assessment.
- Enroll in a wellness program. Suggested program options will appear on your Healthy Benefits page based on your health assessment. Click on the Manage Programs link to see additional program options.
- Complete your wellness program by September 30, 2013*. Online programs require that you track something daily for 8 weeks. Phone coaching programs require at least three sessions with a health coach in at least a six-week period.
*September 30, 2013 is the final deadline for completing the Healthy Benefits program and qualifying for the health incentive in 2014. Participants are strongly encouraged to start early to ensure that they have sufficient time to complete their chosen program.
If you have family coverage and your spouse is covered under your policy, your spouse must also take the health assessment and complete a wellness program by the deadline for YOU and YOUR FAMILY to qualify for the health incentive in 2014.
If you have questions about the health assessment or your wellness program options, call JourneyWell at 952-883-7800 or toll-free at 1-800-311-1052.
Step One: Take the health assessment.
- Go to http://www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing
- Enter the company name: Ramsey County
- Enter your HealthPartners username and password
- Click "Go"
- Click "I accept"
- Complete the health assessment and review your results.
If you forget your username or password, click "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password." If you do not have a username and password, click "Register for an account." For log-on help, call the JourneyWell at 952-883-7800, 1-800-311-1052 or 877-222-2794 (TTY), Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.
Note: While you are encouraged to take the health assessment online for quicker and easier access to information, paper copies of the health assessment are available by calling JourneyWell at the phone numbers listed above.
Step Two: Enroll in a wellness program.
After you complete the health assessment, you should enroll in a Healthy Benefits wellness program as early as possible to allow sufficient time to complete your program by the deadline. You can link to wellness programs available to you on your personalized Healthy Benefits Page.
Online Program Options – JourneyWell online programs are convenient and engaging. You may choose from:
- 10,000 Steps
- Weight eProgram
- Stress eProgram
Note: Online programs require 8 weeks of daily tracking. However, after you have entered your first week of tracking, you will have the capability of retroactively entering any future weeks. You must track daily Sunday through Saturday for a week for it to count toward your eight week total. If you miss a week don't worry and get back on track the next week. If you started your program early, you will qualify as long you complete eight full weeks of tracking before the September 30, 2013 deadline.
Phone Coaching Programs – With phone coaching, you’ll work with your own personal registered dietitian, health educator, exercise specialist or pharmacist to achieve your healthy lifestyle goals. Schedule your phone calls when it’s convenient for you, including evenings. You’ll receive program materials and tools to prepare you for each call, keep you motivated, and track your progress. You must complete at least three phone counseling sessions (during a minimum of a 6 week period) to qualify for the health incentive. You may choose from:
- Back Health (Low Back Pain)
- Blood Pressure Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Tobacco Cessation (Quitting)
- Weight Management
Employer Sponsored Programs
- Ramsey County Sponsored Yoga and Pilates Classes - Attend 16 classes during a 12 week session. Department sponsored classes are not eligible. Only available to current Ramsey County employees.
- Ramsey County Weight Watchers at Work Program - Attend 16 weekly onsite meetings at a County facility before September 30, 2013. Only available to current Ramsey County employees.
- Ride your Bike with the Zap Program - Track a bike ride on at least 30 days through the Zap Bike Program. This program runs through April through September.
Note: If you wish to use one of these Employer Sponsored Programs as your wellness program be sure to call the phone number listed in the program description on your personalized Healthy Benefits Page to get specific information about program requirements.
Don't forget to track daily in your online program daily for eight weeks, or complete three phone calls with a coach over a minimum six week period for the phone coaching programs, or complete the requirements for Frequent Fitness or one of the employer sponsored programs. Don't miss out on the health incentive in 2014 -- life sometimes gets in the way of best intentions, so it's a good idea to enroll in and complete your program early in the year.
Have questions about the why's and how's of the Healthy Benefits program? Check out these Frequently Asked Questions about Healthy Benefits.