Open Enrollment for 2015 insurance benefits runs from November 3 through November 17, 2014. Please read through the Employee Insurance Benefit Plan Reference Guide so that you have the necessary information to select your insurance coverage and benefits for 2015. Open Enrollment meetings are also scheduled at various locations in the County. Click here for times and locations.
The deadline for submitting your 2015 Open Enrollment elections is November 17. However, if you want your insurance elections to remain the same and are not enrolling in the Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs in 2015, you do not need to take any action - your current elections will continue in 2015.
Again this year, you will make your open enrollment elections online. Online enrollment directions are included in your enrollment packet. Contact your Department Benefit Representative if you need assistance with enrollment.
Please note that the County and Employee contributions to single and family medical and dental insurance that will appear on your online enrollment form and the Reference Guide are subject to change. The County contribution will remain at the 2014 level until new rates are set by union contract and County Board resolution. Until that time, the employee will assume the full increase on medical insurance (the dental insurance premium has not changed), and the online enrollment forms and Reference Guide reflect this.
Medical Insurance - HealthPartners Distinctions
Ramsey County will continue to offer HealthPartners Distinctions to employees and their families in 2015. Providers are ranked as Benefit Level 1 or Benefit Level 2 based on cost and quality. Click here for information from HealthPartners on providers in Benefit Level 1 and Benefit Level 2 in 2015. The premiums for HealthPartners Distinctions will increase in 2015 by 3.74%.
There is one plan design change to the Distinctions plan for 2015 - Hazelden inpatient services will be available as an out-of-network benefti rather than an in-network benefit. Hazelden outpatient services will continue to be available as an in-network benefit. You will receive in your enrollment packet, documents from HealthPartners summarizing coverage in the HealthPartners Distinctions plans. For the summary of coverage for the plan for those that completed the Healthy Benefits program in 2014 click here. For the summary of coverage for those that did not complete the Healthy Benefits program in 2014 click here.
Important Information about the JourneyWell Healthy Benefits Program
This year, the County again participated in the HealthPartners Healthy Benefits program. Employees and spouses covered under the County's HealthPartners Distinctions Plan were invited to take the HealthPartners Health Assessment and then were asked to enroll in and complete one of the designated health promotion programs by September 30th. If you successfully completed the Healthy Benefits program, you will pay $20 less for office visit co-pays in 2014 than those who did not complete it. If you have family coverage, and your spouse is carrying HealthPartners Distinctions and is covered under your policy, your spouse must also have completed the Healthy Benefits program for you and your family to qualify for the lower co-pay plan in 2015.
If you want to check to see if you completed the requirement for the Healthy Benefits program and earned lower office visit co-pays you can log on to www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing . To log in, enter Ramsey County for company name, and your HealthPartners user name and password. You should see a big green check mark if you have met the requirements. Questions? Call HealthPartners customer service at 952-883-7800.
Ramsey County will continue to offer Delta Dental coverage to employees and families. There will be no increase in premiums in 2015. There are no plan design changes for 2015.
Remember that if you drop dental insurance, or reduce from family to single coverage, you will not be eligible to re-enroll until the first open enrollment after three years. You can read more about this restriction in the Employee Insurance Benefit Plan Reference Guide.
Minnesota Life, with Ochs, Inc. as the plan administrator, will continue as the County's life insurance provider in 2015. The rates for County-paid Basic Life and employee-paid optional coverage for employees and spouses will remain the same in 2015.
Minnesota Life continues to offer several attractive features as enhancements to the County's life insurance plan - at no additional cost. You can read more about these features on page 13 of the Reference Guide. There is also information on that page about beneficiary designation.
Madison National Life, with National Insurance Services as the plan administrator, will continue in 2015 as the long-term disability (LTD) and short-term disability (STD) insurance provider. There will be no increase in the premiums for either LTD or STD. Indentity theft protection has been added as a new feature this year at no cost. You can read more about this on page 16 in the Reference Guide.
It's a good idea to review your Optional Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability election each year to see that you have adequate income protection; and that for Short Term Disability you have selected an appropriate elimination period based on the size of your sick leave bank.
Pre-Tax plans allow you to pay eligible Health Care and Dependent Care expenses with dollars deducted from your salary before taxes are taken out (pre-tax dollars).
- If you want to participate in the Health Care Reimbursement Program (HCRP) or Dependent Care Reimbursement Program (DCRP) in 2015, you must make an annual election during open enrollment, even if you are already participating in 2014. Your 2014 election will not carry over into 2015.
- Be sure you read through the Cafeteria Plan Reference Guide which contains important information about the pre-tax plans.
- TASC is the plan administrator for HCRP and DCRP. Their website is http://www.tasconline.com/ .
- The maximum annual election for the HCRP is $2,500. The maximum annual contribution for the DCRP is $5,000.
- The TASC Card will again be offered for use with the HCRP and for the DCRP. This is a debit card that can be used to pay for eligible Health Care and Dependent Care expenses at participating providers. You do not have to submit a claim for reimbursement - the expense will be automatically paid and then deducted from your annual election. If you already have a TASC card, you will use the same card in 2015 as 2014. A new card will not be issued.
- MyCash: In addition to the current reimbursement methods of check or direct deposit, you also have the option of having your reimbursement added directly to your TASC card. This feature, called MyCash allows you to use your TASC card as a cash card for purchases at any merchant that accepts major credit cards. New enrollees will automatically have MyCash as their reimbursement method. Current enrollees will retain their current reimbursement method unless they change the MyCash Schedule in MyCash Manager. To change your reimbursement method, go to http://www.tasconline.com/ , log-in to MyTASC, and visit MyCash Manager or call TASC Customer Care at 1-800-422-4661. Click here for more information about MyCash and the TASC card.
- Reminder: Over-the-counter drugs and medications are not eligible expenses for reimbursement through HCRP, unless accompanied by a physician prescription. Be sure you take this into account when determining your annual election.
Long Term Care Insurance - CNA
There is no open enrollment for long term care insurance for 2014. Employees and their spouses or domestic partners, may enroll or upgrade their benefit level in long term care insurance at any time during the year with proof of insurability. Contact your Department Benefits Representative for further information and an application form. You can also find information on RamseyNet - Employee Resources/Benefits Information/Employee Insurance, or at Open Enrollment meetings.
Other Important Information:
Open Enrollment Meeting Schedule
Employee Open Enrollment Letter
2015 Employee Benefit Plan Reference Guide
Summary of Coverage for Distinctions Plan with Health Benefits Participation
Summary of Coverage for Distinctions Plan without Healthy Benefits Participation
2015 Cafeteria Plan Reference Guide
2015 Monthly Insurance Premiums and Rates
Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program
Online Open Enrollment Begins Monday, November 3rd.
Open Enrollment Instructions
Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
Questions on Benefit Plans and Changes?
Contact your Department Benefit Representatives