Open Enrollment for 2014 insurance benefits runs from November 4 through November 18, 2013. There are a number of important features you need to be aware of for 2014. Please read through the Employee Insurance Benefit Plan Reference Guide so that you have the necessary information to select your insurance coverage and benefits for 2014. Open Enrollment meetings are also scheduled at various locations in the County. Click here for times and locations.
The deadline for submitting your 2014 Open Enrollment elections is November 18. However, if you want your insurance elections to remain the same and are not enrolling in the Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs in 2014, you do not need to take any action - your current elections will continue in 2014.
Again this year, you will make your open enrollment elections online. Online enrollment directions are included in your enrollment packet. Contact your Department Benefit Representative if you need assistance with enrollment.
Medical Insurance - HealthPartners Distinctions
Ramsey County will continue to offer HealthPartners Distinctions to employees and their families in 2014. Providers are ranked as Benefit Level 1 or Benefit Level 2 based on cost and quality. Click here for information from HealthPartners on providers in Benefit Level 1 and Benefit Level 2 in 2014. The premiums for HealthPartners Distinctions will decrease in 2014 by 7.5%. Based on the terms of Bargaining union contracts and County Board resolution, the monthly employee cost for single coverage will increase from $40.00 to $55.00; the monthly cost for family coverage will decrease from $480.74 to $445.24.
There are no plan design changes for 2014. You will receive in your enrollment packet, documents from HealthPartners summarizing coverage in the HealthPartners Distinctions plans. For the summary of coverage for the plan for those that completed the Healthy Benefits program in 2013 click here. For the summary of coverage for those that did not complete the Healthy Benefits program in 2013 click here.
Important Information about the JourneyWell Healthy Benefits Program
This year, the County again participated in the HealthPartners Healthy Benefits program. Employees and spouses covered under the County's HealthPartners Distinctions Plan were invited to take the HealthPartners Health Assessment and then were asked to enroll in and complete one of the designated health promotion programs by September 30th. If you successfully completed the Healthy Benefits program, you will pay $20 less for office visit co-pays in 2014 than those who did not complete it. If you have family coverage, and your spouse is carrying HealthPartners Distinctions and is covered under your policy, your spouse must also have completed the Healthy Benefits program for you and your family to qualify for the lower co-pay plan in 2014.
If you want to check to see if you completed the requirement for the Healthy Benefits program and earned lower office visit co-pays you can log on to www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing . To log in, enter Ramsey County for company name, and your HealthPartners user name and password. You should see a big green check mark if you have met the requirements. Questions? Call HealthPartners customer service at 952-883-7800.
Ramsey County will continue to offer Delta Dental coverage to employees and families. There will be a 4% decrease in premiums in 2014. The monthly employee cost for dental insurance will decrease from $16.18 to $15.28 for single coverage, and from $43.43 to $41.45 for family coverage. There are no plan design changes for 2014.
Remember that if you drop dental insurance, or reduce from family to single coverage, you will not be eligible to re-enroll until the first open enrollment after three years. You can read more about this restriction in the Employee Insurance Benefit Plan Reference Guide.
Minnesota Life, with Ochs, Inc. as the plan administrator, will continue as the County's life insurance provider in 2014. The rates for County-paid Basic Life and employee-paid optional coverage for employees and spouses will remain the same.
New in 2014
- Optional Dependent Life Insurance is being increased to provide $15,000 of coverage for each of your dependents (including your spouse or domestic partner) no matter how many dependents you have. The current coverage amount is $10,000. The monthly premium will increase from $1.90 to $2.70 per month. Current enrollees will automatically be enrolled for the new coverage amount.
- During Open Enrollment, Minnesota Life is offering an opportunity for current employees to add or increase Employee Optional Life coverage by up to $10,000 without evidence of insurability providing they stay within the plan maximum. Coverage increases over $10,000 are subject to approval based on evidence of insurability.
Madison National Life, with National Insurance Services as the plan administrator, will continue in 2014 as the long-term disability (LTD) and short-term disability (STD) insurance provider. There will be no increase to the County-paid Basic LTD and the employee-paid Optional LTD. Employee-paid STD rates will decrease by 10.9% in 2014. Click here for the revised rates.
It's a good idea to review your Optional Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability election each year to see that you have adequate income protection; and that for Short Term Disability you have selected an appropriate elimination period based on the size of your sick leave bank.
Pre-Tax plans allow you to pay eligible Health Care and Dependent Care expenses with dollars deducted from your salary before taxes are taken out (pre-tax dollars).
- If you want to participate in the Health Care Reimbursement Program (HCRP) or Dependent Care Reimbursement Program (DCRP) in 2014, you must make an annual election during open enrollment, even if you are already participating in 2013. Your 2013 election will not carry over into 2014.
- Be sure you read through the Cafeteria Plan Reference Guide which contains important information about the pre-tax plans.
- TASC is the plan administrator for HCRP and DCRP. Their website is www.TASConline.com .
- The maximum annual election for the HCRP is $2,500. The maximum annual contribution for the DCRP is $5,000.
- The TASC Card will again be offered for use with the HCRP and for the DCRP. Use of the TASC card for DCRP is new in 2014. This is a debit card that can be used to pay for eligible Health Care and Dependent Care expenses at participating providers. You do not have to submit a claim for reimbursement - the expense will be automatically paid and then deducted from your annual election. If you already have a TASC card, you will use the same card in 2014 as 2013. A new card will not be issued.
- New in 2014 - MyCash: In addition to the current reimbursement methods of check or direct deposit, in 2014 you will also have the option of having your reimbursement added directly to your TASC card. This feature, called MyCash allows you to use your TASC card as a cash card for purchases at any merchant that accepts a Visa Card. New enrollees will automatically have MyCash as their reimbursement method. Current enrollees will retain their current reimbursement method unless they change the MyCash Schedule in MyCash Manager. To change your reimbursement method, go to www.TASConline.com , log-in to MyTASC, and visit MyCash Manager or call TASC Customer Care at 1-800-422-4661. Click here for more information about MyCash and the TASC card.
- Reminder: Over-the-counter drugs and medications are not eligible expenses for reimbursement through HCRP, unless accompanied by a physician prescription. Be sure you take this into account when determining your annual election.
Long Term Care Insurance - CNA
There is no open enrollment for long term care insurance for 2014. Employees and their spouses or domestic partners, may enroll or upgrade their benefit level in long term care insurance at any time during the year with proof of insurability. Contact your Department Benefits Representative for further information and an application form. You can also find information on RamseyNet - Employee Resources/Benefits Information/Employee Insurance, or at Open Enrollment meetings.
Other Important Information:
Open Enrollment Meeting Schedule
Employee Open Enrollment Letter
2014 Employee Benefit Plan Reference Guide
Summary of Coverage for Distinctions Plan with Healthy Benefits Participation
Summary of Coverage for Distinctions Plan without Healthy Benefits Participation
2014 Cafeteria Plan Reference Guide
2014 Monthly Insurance Premiums and Rates
Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program
Online Open Enrollment Begins Monday, November 4th.
Open Enrollment Instructions
Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
Questions on Benefit Plans and Changes?
Contact your Department Benefit Representative