REACH is looking for a few good chefs..............
REACH invites you to join our Summer Salad Challenge! (with a chance to win a great prize).
Congratulations to our two lucky Summer Salad Challenge winners! Nancy Ray (Community Human Services) and Linda Kreminski (Lake Owasso Residence). Thanks to everyone who submitted recipes during the challenge. We'll keep the recipe list posted as well as the list of healthy ingredients, and we invite you to continue the challenge, pick one of the submitted recipes and give it a try!
Here's a list of suggested healthy ingredients to get you started...........
Submitted recipes ..............
Here's a recipe to give you an example.........
- Quinoa & Black Bean Salad (source: Moosewood Low-Fat Cookbook), submitted by Tonya Hanson
- Tofu & Spinach Curry, submitted by George Hamm
- South Beach Diet Green Beans (source: South Beach Diet), submitted by Nickie Hanson
- Strawberry Salad, submitted by Randi Van Horn
- Veggie Feta Barley Salad (source: ReadyMade), submitted by Tonya Hanson
- Panzanella (Tuscan Bread) Salad, submitted by Julie Seiber
- REACH Pasta Salad, submitted by Angel Lang
- Salad-on-a-Stick, submitted by Angel Lang
- Mandarin Orange Salad, (source Heart Healthy Living), submitted by Mary Peterson
- Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Sweet Cranberries, (source Dave Lieberman, Food Network), submitted by Linda Danielson
- Pasta Salada, submitted by Nancy Ray
- Blueberry Viniagrette Salad, submitted by Julie Seiber
- Chicago Hot Dog Salad, submitted by Heather Worthington
- Winter Salad, submitted by Linda Kreminski
- D'Amico & Sons Turkey Dried Cherry Salad, (source: D'Amico & Sons) submitted by Linda Kreminski
- Three Bean Salad, submitted by Linda Kreminski
- Citrus Slaw Salad, submitted by Linda Kreminski
- Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad with Orange Vinaigrette, submitted by Linda Kreminski
- Grape Salad, submitted by Karen Blossom