Free Adobe PDF Reader

651-266-2727 (FAX)

Contact HR

Building Locations

blank space

Choose text size: A | A | A
Bookmark and Share

blank space

Pre-Tax Programs

Flexible Spending Accounts
The Ramsey County flexible spending accounts offer employees three ways to pay for eligible expenses using pre-tax dollars deducted from salary. 

  1. Pre-Tax Premium Program (PTPP)
    Employees may use pre-tax dollars to pay their portion of medical and/or dental insurance premiums for the county-sponsored insurance programs. 
  2. Health Care Reimbursement Program (HCRP)
    Employees who are benefits-eligible and who have worked for the County for at least 6 months are eligible to have money deducted from their paychecks on a pre-tax basis and be reimbursed for eligible medical expenses.
  3. Dependent Care Reimbursement Program (DCRP)
    Permanent, probationary, or unclassified employees who work at least 40 hours or more per pay period on a regular basis are eligible to have money deducted from their paychecks on a pre-tax basis to be reimbursed for eligible dependent care expenses.

More information on the flexible spending account programs:

2015 Cafeteria Plan Reference Guide

2015 Pre-Tax Premium Program Summary Plan Description

2015 HCRP & DCRP Summary Plan Description

How to submit a claim for Reimbursement:

Total Administrative Services Corporation (TASC) became the claims administrator for Ramsey County effective December 20, 2010.  New participants receive a welcome packet with a personalized ID and website login and PIN.  Participants are encouraged to go the the TASC website to set up Direct Deposit; view submitted reimbursement requests; and sign up to receive email or text notifications when claims have been processed. 

For the fastest claim processing, participants are encouraged to use the online claim wizard at  You will need your TASC ID and PIN.  If you prefer to fax your claims, the TASC system uses a customized claim form that includes an individual participant ID pre-printed on the form.  This system expedites claims processing, with properly-documented claims being paid within 24 hours of submission.  Ramsey County employees may fax claims toll-free to:  1-877-233-5217.

TASC Card - Everyone who enrolls in the HCRP or DCRP will be issued a TASC Card.  This is a debit card that can be used to pay for eligible health care or dependent care expenses at participating providers.  When you use the card to pay for eligible expenses, the items are verified at the point of sale and you do not have to submit a claim for reimbursement - the expense is automatically paid and then deduted from your annual election.  If you had a TASC card in 2014, you will use the same card in 2015 - you will not be issued a new one. 

MyCash - MyCash is a way to receive your expense reimbursement if you are enrolled in either the HCRP or DCRP and don't use the TASC card for payment.  Reimbursement is placed back on to your TASC card as cash that can be used at any merchant that accepts MasterCard.  Current enrollees will retain their current reimbursement method (direct deposit, MyCash, or paper check) in 2015.  You can change your method of reimbursement by logging in to the MyTASC website or by calling TASC customer service.   

Orthodontia Worksheet

Online Request for Reimbursement

Reimbursement Tips

For more information, visit the TASC website, or call TASC Customer Service at 1-800-422-4661.

Transportation Expense Reimbursement Program
Another option for pre-tax savings is the Transportation Expense Reimbursement Program (TERP).  Employees may choose to set aside money for parking expenses on a pre-tax basis and submit claims for reimbursement.  For more information, review the 2015 Transportation Expense Reimbursement Program Summary Plan Description.  Claims for Reimbursement should be submitted to TASC using your customized claim form.

If you want to enroll, terminate your participation, or change the amount of your TERP deduction, complete the TERP Enrollment/Change in Participation form (for parking expenses) or the PDA Enrollment

For more information, contact TASC at 1-800-422-4661.