Thank you for visiting the Ramsey County Adoption Website. We hope you find it useful in answering questions you have about adoption. You may also learn about some of the special youth who are waiting for a family.
Ramsey County Permanent Connections Unit builds relationships with community members to find life-long families for children in foster care waiting to be adopted. Hundreds of dedicated families and individuals have partnered with Ramsey County to connect children with adoptive families.
Ramsey County has 144 children and teens in foster care waiting for an adoptive family. These young people are referred to as Waiting Children. They are available for adoption due to neglect, abuse, or abandonment. Without an adoptive family, Waiting Children may spend the rest of their childhood with no family to call their own.
Watch this short video about children and youth waiting for adoption
Listen to learn about being an adoptive parent of older youth
Adoption Stories | Adopting Older Youth | Adoption Process | Adoption Costs with Waiting Children
Permanent Families Recruitment Project | Who Can Adopt? | Email: AskAdoptionServices@co.ramsey.mn.us
Phone: 651.266.KIDS (5437)
Other Ways to Help
- Do you know families or individuals considering adoption? Encourage them to contact Ramsey County.
- Do you go to work, attend a place of worship, or belong to a community organization? Co-host an information session with Ramsey County to help spread the word about Waiting Children and the need for adoptive homes.
- Host a supply or scholarship drive for Waiting Children in foster care.
- Are you willing to open up your home to a child or teen part-time? Attend training to provide respite or substitute care for foster youth.
- Do you know someone who works in the media? Help Ramsey County spread the word about the needs of Waiting Children.
Glossary of Adoption Terms
Minnesota Adoption Resource Network (MARN)
MARN tries to assure the right of every child to have a permanent, nurturing family. 612-861-7115