"Partnering volunteers and people with developmental disabilities and special needs to create a brighter future."
OUR GOAL is to match our volunteer’s skills, interests and abilities to specific program opportunities. Volunteers provide integration opportunities, social connections and activities that enrich the lives of the residents at LOR. Our volunteers are valued for their ability to offer skills from archiving to arts and crafts, men’s group facilitation to pontoon driving.
"Some of the world’s most talented people have never been paid a cent."
LOR Volunteer Resources Offers:
- Opportunities for a variety of positions from music therapy or recreational assistance to fundraising and event planning
- A comprehensive approach to your interactions with residents involving staff members and LOR volunteers invested in common goals with rewarding results
Volunteers at LOR are Asked To:
- Make a commitment of six to 12 months of volunteer service
- Attend a new volunteer orientation and training session prior to beginning service
- Attend in-service training on relevant topics
- Offer friendship and encouragement to residents with varying degrees of ability
- Support community socialization and integration opportunities
- Encourage residents as they face the joys and challenges of life
As A Volunteer You Will Receive:
- Placement: our volunteers are interviewed, selected and placed according to personal interests, talents, skills and time availability.
- Training: our professional staff and trainers address communication skills, working with physical and mental disabilities, community resources and expectations.
- Rewards: Volunteers enjoy the satisfaction of knowing they play a significant role in our residents’ lives by offering them friendship, encouragement and support. Furthermore, volunteers gain knowledge and insight on dealing with developmental disabilities and knowledge of social and community service organizations.
Apply to Volunteer Now!
You can now apply online through our secured application system. It’s easy and fast. In most cases we will contact you via email reply after we review your application and volunteer interests. You can use the same online form to apply for an unpaid internship too.
NOTE: We recommend that you first read through the application questions and assemble your information before beginning. You may want to draft any text field answers in a word processing program and copy/paste your answers into the spaces provided. Please note that once you submit your application, you will not be able to access it or change it. You should PRINT a copy of your application for your own records prior to submitting it if you want to keep your own copy. Applicants who are under age 18 will need to have a parent or guardian complete a consent form. This form will be given to you by the volunteer screener if we contact you for an interview.
Apply Now Online!
If you prefer to apply using our paper application form, just download this form using the link below, complete the form and return it to the volunteer coordinator contact address listed on this page.
Ramsey County Volunteer Application paper form (PDF)
Email or Call: 651-765-7706
More Volunteer Opportunities
For more options on volunteering in the Twin Cities, visit one of these links for more information:
return to Lake Owasso home