Law Library staff trained in legal research can assist patrons in locating legal information in the library. They are not permitted to provide legal advice or legal interpretation, or to help fill out forms.
Search the Law Library Catalog for books or periodicals.
Reference works - These include legal encyclopedias and digests, legal dictionaries, and attorney directories.
Minnesota materials - All state statutes, session laws, agency regulations, and case law for appellate-level cases. Citators with references to new case law citations are also available.
Federal materials - Federal statutes, public laws, bills, agency regulations (CFR), USCAN, and all federal case law reporters, including 8th Circuit materials. Citators are available for case history.
Other jurisdictions - Cases, statutes and agency regulations from all U.S. states and territories; some international materials.
Practice materials and forms - Practice materials such as:
- Minnesota Practice
- Minnesota Civil Practice
- Minnesota Family Practice Manual
- Dunnell Minnesota Digest
- Pirsig on Pleading
- Stein on Probate
- Employment in Minnesota
- Minnesota Administrative Procedure
- Minnesota Judges Criminal Benchbook
- Corpus Juris Secundum
- AMJUR Trials
- AMJUR Pleading and Practice Forms
- West's Federal Forms
- Wright & Miller's Federal Practice & Procedure
- Appellate Practice Manual
- LaFave, Israel & King's Criminal Procedure
- Federal model jury instructions
- All Restatements of the law
- Minnesota CLEs
- Trial practice and evidence