1815 Court House, 15 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, MN 55102
Sara Galligan, Director (651) 266-8391
Email Us: AskLawLibrarian@co.ramsey.mn.us
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed County Holidays.
News & Events:
Free legal consultation from volunteer attorneys is available every Tuesday at the Ramsey Country Law Library for those with Conciliation and Housing Court issues. Sign up is at 12:00 noon on a first come, first serve basis. See the Housing and Conciliation Court Self-Help Center brochure for more information.
May 7, 2014 Felon Disenfranchisement & American Democracy (CLE) - University of Minnesota McKnight Professor Chris Uggen will examine the effects of felon disenfranchisement on individuals, democratic institutions, inequalities based on class and race, and civic life more generally. This talk will present evidence on five key questions about felon disenfranchisement laws: their origins, their political impact, their meaning to the disenfranchised, their implications for crime and recidivism, and the degree of public support for the practice. Free and open to the public. Contact the Ramsey County Bar Association for more information. (Room 40, Ramsey County District Courthouse. Registration - 3:00 p.m.; Presentation - 3:30 p.m.)
Ramsey County LawHelp is an easy-to-use website for Ramsey County Residents that provides critical legal information and referrals on a range of civil legal matters.
The Ramsey County Law Library Blog: http://ramseylawlibrary.org/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RCLawLibrary
The Ramsey County Law Library can now be followed on Twitter and the new Ramsey County Law Library Blog. Here you will find Law Library updates, local and national legal news and current events, along with other interesting nuggets such as profiles of past Second Judicial District judges.
Fax: $1.00 per page
Book retrieval: Free of Charge
eFiling: We offer a scanner for attorney eFiling. Minnesota Judicial Branch eFiling guide is available here.
- Minnesota Cases and Statutes
- Federal cases and statutes (8th circuit court of appeals and district court cases in the 8th circuit), law reviews and other secondary sources
- List of online materials available or call for specific titles
- Core collection for research in most subject areas
- Complete regional reporters, federal reporters, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, United States Code and Minnesota Statutes.
- Briefs on microfiche includes Minnesota cases with cite from 300 NW2d to date.