Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) are for children and teens, birth to 21 years of age enrolled in Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare. The purpose of the checkups is to identify and treat health problems early.
Child & Teen Checkups Program Brochures (pdf):
English | Hmong | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Vietnamese
Why are Child & Teen Checkups important?
- Regular health checks help keep children healthy
- Health problems can be found and treated early
- Children can get tested for exposure to lead or tuberculosis and other diseases
- Parents and children can get information about healthy lifestyles
- Children and teens can get regular checkups at the dentist
What do Child & Teen Checkups include?
Information about good physical and mental health, complete physical exam, shots, hearing and vision check, lab tests, development and growth checks, dental checkup every 6 months, nutrition check, identifying and treating health problems.
When should we get Child & Teen Checkups?
- Between birth and 1 month
- At 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months
- At 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 years
- Every two years after age 6
When should we get dental checkups?
Dental checkups should start at 12 months of age or within 6 months of getting the first tooth.
Where can I get Child & Teen Checkups?
Your doctor or clinic. Children enrolled in a health plan MUST get their Child & Teen Checkups services from providers in their health plan.
Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare pay for Child & Teen Checkups services
How can I get more information about Child & Teen Checkups?
Anoka County | 763.422.6932
Carver County | 952.361.1329
Dakota County | 952.891.7529
Hennepin County | 612.348.5131
Ramsey County | 651.266.2420
Scott County | 952.496.8555
Washington County | 651.430.6750
If you live in another county call your local health or human service department.
For more information visit the State of Minnesota C&TC website.
Child & Teen Checkup Program Resources (pdf)
How To Live With Your Teen
Smile About Your Health