Feeling better is a way of life that is influenced by many internal and external factors. The concept of energy in, energy out applies differently to different individuals, families, communities and organizations. By identifying policies, systems and environments that help or hinder our own internal desire or actions to make healthy choices, we can create change that makes it easier for all of us to live healthy lives. Here are some examples of how individuals and organizations have made a conscious decision to help make the healthy choice, the easy choice.
Exercise Your Right to Feel Better…
- Healthful food options are being added to vending machines located in Ramsey County worksites and facilities. Currently, additions have been made to vending machines in the Plato building, Ramsey County Government Center West, and the Courthouse. In the near future healthful food options will be added to the Ramsey County Government Center East and other locations. For tools used on this project | Eat Well Work Well
- Ramsey County Public Health has instituted a new practice of having stretch breaks in meetings that last over one hour. Research shows this is a best practice that can improve worker productivity and decrease stress!
- Snail Lake and Battle Creek Water Works have added healthy items to their concession stands. Look for the Exercise Your Right to Feel Better logo to help guide you in making a healthy choice! | Parks and Recreation
- Participants in the St. Paul Urban Tennis Program (SPUT) will be talking about healthy eating. The addition of nutrition content to their existing life skills program engages youth in discussions about what decisions they make related to health and gives them a take home challenge. | SPUT
- Exercise Your Right Campaign in Saint Paul Public Schools | The Campaign
- Saint Paul Public Schools promotes making wellness a way of life, which includes having healthy treats and snacks in the classroom. | poster (pdf)
- Portions of the Exercise Your Right DVD are shown to nursing students at Bethel University as part of the curriculum in their Public Health nursing course.
in everyday life.
- Active Living Ramsey Communities! is creating and promoting environments where it is safe and convenient for everyone to incorporate physical activity in their daily routines. Active Living Ramsey Communities! is working to develop trails for families to enjoy, connect pedestrians and bicyclists to key destinations, and ensure safe and efficient crossings, sidewalks, and bikeways for commuters, seniors and people with disabilities.
Bike Trails Map (5 mb pdf ) | Pedestrian Trails Map (5 mb pdf)
- Whether it’s taking a safe route to school, bicycling to work or enjoying local trails with your family, Ramsey County has opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to engage in physical activity in green spaces and fun places everyday to lead active lives! | Active Living Ramsey Communities!
Return to Exercise Your Right to Feel Better Minnesota | Return to Exercise Your Right: 2011 Campaign