Back to Recorders Home Page
The Public Resource Center has 16 computer workstations to assist the public with inquiries pertaining to real estate records.
All workstations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Information is available in the public research area via various media:
- Paper plat maps (from 1928)
- Files (eg. Torrens Deeds, Tax Liens, Certificates of Title)
- Books (eg. Mortgages, Abstract Deeds)
- Images of documents via computer system
- Microfiche files
You can find information such as commercial sale information and copies of recorded documents.
Diagram of Resource Center
Inventory of Records by Location
Copy fee is 1.00 per page. Frequent users can setup user accounts and be billed monthly for copies. To do this, please contact the front desk person.
Need help with research?
Assistance is available to show you how to use the resources in the center and answer questions you may have. Research services are also available for a fee of $60.00 per hour.
What to Bring
To expedite your search process, please bring any of the following information you may have:
- Property Legal Description
- example; E 2 Ft Of Lot 26 And All Of Lot 27, Smiths addition
- Property ID or PIN
- 12 digit number (example; 220.127.116.11.0142)
In addition, it's helpful to have:
- Type document you're looking for (Title, Lien)
- Name of the buyer, seller, company involved in transaction
- Date researching
Hours and Location
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, excluding Holidays.
Address: 90 West Plato Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55107
Need help with legal research?
For customers interested in laws and legal research, Ramsey County's Law Library is a public library open to all. Located in the Ramsey County Courthouse in downtown St. Paul, it maintains a collection of print and online legal resources, including self-help materials.