Important Notice about Inmate Visitation
Due to a system outage, the inmate video and phone visitation system is currently offline. When the system is restored, a notice will be posted online.
Message last updated: 5/29/2015 at 5:02 pm
All public visits must have an appointment scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. The public visitor must schedule the appointment. Inmates can only view whether or not they have a visit scheduled. Inmates are not able to schedule, modify, or cancel visitation appointments.
Visits may be scheduled either:
- In person. Use a video visitation kiosk in the public visitation area or lobby at the Adult Detention Center.
- Online. Visit www.visitfromhome.net, click on “Schedule an Onsite Visitation” at the bottom of the page, and follow the steps listed.
All on-site public visits are non-contact visits conducted via a video monitor located in the Adult Detention Center lobby (425 Grove Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101). All on-site visits are free of charge.
Beginning May 21, 2015, the public may visit with inmates from anywhere with a computer, high speed internet connection, and webcam. Those who wish to visit remotely must set up an account at www.visitfromhome.net and schedule an appointment. There is a cost for this remote visiting service.
Staff are unable to provide any visiting information over the phone.
Public Visiting Guidelines
Visitors to Adult Detention Center must abide by a number of guidelines. These guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All visitors 18 years of age or older must present valid photo identification.
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed.
- Visitors will not be allowed to use cell phones in the visiting area.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
All non-attorney visits are subject to electronic monitoring and/or recording.
Any infractions of these guidelines may result in the denial of future visits. Any visitor that does not comply with Adult Detention Center visiting guidelines will not be allowed to visit. The Adult Detention Center reserves the right to end a visit before the end of the visiting time.
Attorneys, probation officers, and other authorized professionals may visit an inmate any day of the week. Interns are not considered professional visitors.
Professional visiting must occur during the following hours:
Professional Visiting Hours|
|7:30 am – 10:30 am
||3:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|11:30 am – 2:00 pm
||5:30 pm – 10:00 pm|
Professional Visiting Guidelines
Professional visitors to Adult Detention Center must abide by a number of guidelines. These guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Professional visitors must present identification or credentials.
- Cell phones and weapons are prohibited.
- Excess clothing or other items are not allowed within secure areas.