The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office recommends that parents create and maintain a child identification box. Keep this box in a safe and secure area that you will remember. This box should contain the following items:
- Kid Print identification card (which includes a lot of the information listed below)
- Current photos (updated every six months)
- Fingerprints taken by a professional (for example, the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office)
- Medical records, including blood type, allergies, conditions, etc.
- Video of your child (held by custodial parent only)
- Dental records including a copy of dental x-rays
- Physical description, including height, weight, moles, scars, birthmarks, weight, height, etc.
- List of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your child's friends
For more information, please contact the Crime Prevention Unit at 651-266-7338 or via email.