Governed by Minnesota Statutes, Chapters 211A & 211B (both PDF)
- Falcon Heights Mayor
- Falcon Heights City Council
- City of Falcon Heights ballot questions
Reports due in an election year
In a year when the candidate’s name or a ballot question appears on the ballot, the treasurer must file all reports remaining in the election season after the initial report has been filed.
Reports due in a non-election year
In a year when the candidate’s name or ballot question is not on the ballot, and once the initial report has been filed, the treasurer must file only the year-end report.
- Initial report: one-time report due within 14 days of receiving contributions or making expenditures that exceed $750
- Registration and Statement of Organization: due within 14 days after the committee receives contributions or makes expenditures greater than $750. The statement of organization contains basic committee information including name and address of committee, officers of the committee, bank location of committee funds, and liquid assets. Additional statements of organization must be filed any time there is a change in basic committee information (except liquid assets).
- Pre-primary report: due 10 days prior to the primary election (August 2, 2013)
- Pre-general report: due 10 days prior to general election (October 25, 2013)
- Certification of Filing: due within 7 days after the general or special election (due by November 12, 2013)
- Post-general report: due 30 days after general election (December 5, 2013)
- Year-end report: due on January 31 of each year
- Final report: Due when committee dissolves. Filing a final report ends all reporting requirements. A candidate or committee may file a final report when all debts have been paid and all assets in excess of $100 in the aggregate have been disposed of. For laws governing disposal of assets, see Minn. Stat. Ch. 211A.13 and Ch. 211B.12 subd (6)
Campaign financial reports must include all activity for the period from the last previous report up to and including the fifth day before the current report is due.
Information to be reported
Reports contain the following information:
- Summary of all contributions received, whether cash or in-kind, during the reporting period
- Summary of all expenditures made during the reporting period
- Names of persons making contributions more than $100 in the aggregate during the calendar year, address, employer or occupation if self-employed, the amount of the contribution, and the date the contribution was received
- Names of persons/businesses to whom expenditures were made, the purpose of the expenditure, the date of the expenditure, and the amount of the expenditure
- Current account balance
City of Falcon Heights candidates and their committees may not accept contributions from individuals or committees that in the aggregate exceed $100 in non-election years and $300 in years the office is on the ballot.
Prohibited committee transfers
Candidates for city offices may not accept transfers from a principal campaign committee (such as a committee established for a candidate for a state office under Minn. Stat. Ch. 10A) and must not make contributions to a principal campaign committee, unless the contribution is made from the personal funds of the candidate.